Senior Backend Engineer (all genders)
Would you like to be part of our success? As (Senior) Backend Engineer (all genders) you become part of our international team and will literally write our success-story – in code language.
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As (Senior) Backend Engineer (all genders) you will be part of an engineering squad, working in cross-functional teams to develop and evolve our Platform as a Service (PaaS) according to our clients needs.
What will keep you challenged
- Designing and implementation of our backend services and complex core application
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- Leading by example and evaluating different approaches and methodologies in development
- Continuously improving productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- Collaborating with a team of product managers, data analysts and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
What are we looking for
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends
- Prior experience with source control tools – Git, Github, Gitlab
- You love working in agile teams, JIRA and Confluence are no strangers to you
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
What will keep you happy
- An outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment - and a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other
- An inspiring momentum to reshape the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession, backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code, with flexible working hours and remote office options
- Situated in Berlin or Magdeburg, you can be working in our modern offices in the city center or enjoy our remote work options
- An employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar Team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!
More information about our team and your benefits you can find here.