(Senior) Backend Engineer / all genders
Would you like to be part of our success? As (Senior) Backend Engineer (all genders) you become part of our international team and will literally write our success-story – in code language.
As a Berlin-based B2B2X FinTech, Elinvar provides the technical infrastructure for digitizing the entire asset investment and management ecosystem. Our customers use our multi-client capable Platform as a Service to expand their digital service spectrum, efficiently implement innovative business models, tap into new value chains, optimize their costs and best leverage their core competencies. Elinvar’s customers and partners benefit from the combination of leading technologies and the optimal regulatory setup Elinvar offers through the relevant BaFin licenses we are holding.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of 100+ microservices and microfrontends which are mainly based on Java and Spring Boot. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.JS and Typescript. Targeting a high test coverage we are using React Testing Library and interactive Storybook tests. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. In our agile development processes we are following either Scrum or KANBAN methodology.
What will keep you challenged
- Design, establish and implement a library of reusable components
- Continuously optimizing our platform with focus on micro frontends
- Being responsible for the frontend development and design of a new exciting product
- Independently choosing the best approach and frameworks
- Working together with a team of excellent engineers and product managers
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with the team
- Working in a growing team with flat hierarchies
- Willingness to learn and interest in modern software development technologies
What we are looking for
- Java (SE) expert with at least 4 years’ experience in backend development
- University degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Design (Functional Programming is a plus)
- Experience with Middleware Architecture or Message Queues (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience in building API based solutions
- Operational knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends
- Prior experience with source control tools – Git, Github, Gitlab
- You love working in agile teams, JIRA and Confluence are no strangers to you
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
What will make you happy
- Situated in Berlin and Magdeburg, you’ll find our modern offices in the city center
- Our open corporate culture without dress code, with free drinks and barista-style coffee approved by our coffee-loving CEO
- Our office language is English and we enjoy working with colleagues from many different countries
- 28 vacation days, flexible working hours, part-time options and family-friendly solutions to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model offers best of both worlds: work remotely within Germany and in the office
- Relocation support (incl. visa sponsorship) possible
- Discounts for regional or interregional public transport
- Urban Sports Club subsidy to support your personal fitness
- Use our Remote Abroad policy and enjoy your workations
- Yearly L&D budget to excel your professional skills and access to our office library to update your knowledge
- Gather regularly during events and activities to connect in person with your colleagues or the whole company
- Your choice of laptop (MacOS or Windows) and additional work equipment
At Elinvar, we don’t let each other down. Our outstanding international team values a positive and open working environment - and your employer welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level. Looking forward to having you on the team!
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!
More information about our team and your benefits you can find here.