Lead Software Engineer / all genders
As a Berlin-based B2B2X FinTech, Elinvar provides the technical infrastructure for digitizing the entire asset investment and management ecosystem. Our customers use our multi-client capable Platform as a Service to expand their digital service spectrum, efficiently implement innovative business models, tap into new value chains, optimize their costs and best leverage their core competencies. Elinvar’s customers and partners benefit from the combination of leading technologies and the optimal regulatory setup Elinvar offers through the relevant BaFin licenses we are holding.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of 100+ microservices and microfrontends which are mainly based on Java and Spring Boot. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.JS and Typescript. Targeting a high test coverage we are using React Testing Library and interactive Storybook tests. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. In our agile development processes we are following either Scrum or KANBAN methodology.
What will keep you challenged
- Lead and grow an interdisciplinary, cross-functional team of 4-8 engineers
- Conduct 1:1s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Plan, direct and participate in activities of your engineering squad to meet schedules and standards
- Being hands-on involved in developing processes and staying technologically up do date
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate team values, norms and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Provide guidance on team and individual development, performance, and productivity issues
- Plan and prioritize daily tasks of the team, using judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in technical team leadership
- In-depth, proven software engineering background for several years
- You are highly reliable, structured and analytical with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A partly hands-on leader: You have a people management mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute
- Acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
What will make you happy
- Situated in Berlin and Magdeburg, you’ll find our modern offices in the city center
- Our open corporate culture without dress code, with free drinks and barista-style coffee approved by our coffee-loving CEO
- Our office language is English and we enjoy working with colleagues from many different countries
- 28 vacation days, flexible working hours, part-time options and family-friendly solutions to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model offers best of both worlds: work remotely within Germany and in the office
- Relocation support (incl. visa sponsorship) possible
- Discounts for regional or interregional public transport
- Urban Sports Club subsidy to support your personal fitness
- Use our Remote Abroad policy and enjoy your workations
- Yearly L&D budget to excel your professional skills and access to our office library to update your knowledge
- Gather regularly during events and activities to connect in person with your colleagues or the whole company
- Your choice of laptop (MacOS or Windows) and additional work equipment
At Elinvar, we don’t let each other down. Our outstanding international team values a positive and open working environment - and your employer welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level. Looking forward to having you on the team!
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!
More information about our team and your benefits you can find here.